Youth Council Meetings
Riverview Youth Council (RYC)
Meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for the remainder of the school calendar year.
Takes place from 7-8:30pm in Ms. Filer’s room at Cedarcrest High School unless otherwise noted.
Lead the Change You Want to See in the World
Youth Organizing for Healthy Community
The Sno Valley Youth Council and the Riverview Area Youth Council meets once a month and plan activities and events to promote a healthy connected community. Twice a year, the two get together for valley-wide linking and planning.
In the spring, the Network helps the youth organize a leadership conference, inviting students and their mentors from across the state to create the changes they want to see in the world.
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Better Futures for Youth 2018 Scholarship
SVCN offers $500 scholarships to high school seniors who live in the Snoqualmie Valley and who is applying for continuing education in 2018-19. Click here for the application:
Links for Teens
- Above the Influence Fun, facts, help , speak. Campaigns
- Resources for Valley TeensServices for Snoqualmie Valley and Riverview youth
- Youth Engagement for health promotion
- Al-ateen meetings and support for living with addiction
- Clearinghouse Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute UW–helpful links and free promotional materials
- Alcohol Information Center Lots of information on aspects of alcohol use and abuse
- CAMY The Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth
- Center for Disease Control Fact Sheet on underage drinking
- Whats Driving You on drinking and driving
- Girls Health Promotion for improving health of girls and women
- Tobacco free Kids Take Action, Facts and Initiatives
- National Youth Media Campaign Join Kids across the country doing prevention
- TeenLine Drug Alcohol Teen Crisis Line
- Put This on the Map East King County film project and resources for GBLTQ youth