Youth Council Meetings
Riverview Youth Council (RYC)
Meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month for the remainder of the school calendar year.
Takes place from 7-8:30pm in Ms. Filer’s room at Cedarcrest High School unless otherwise noted.
Sno-Valley Youth Council (SVYC)
Meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays each month for the remainder of the school calendar year.
Takes place from 7-8:30pm at the Depot Building in North Bend unless otherwise noted.
Be the Change Youth Summit
In the spring, the Snoqualmie Valley Community Network partners with the two youth councils to organize a summit for middle school aged students. Topics for the summit are selected by students based on relevancy.
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Better Futures for Youth 2018 Scholarship
SVCN offers $500 scholarships to high school seniors who live in the Snoqualmie Valley and who is applying for continuing education in 2019-20. The application will be available by April 5, 2019.
Links for Teens
- Above the Influence Fun, facts, help , speak. Campaigns
- Resources for Valley Teens Services for Snoqualmie Valley and Riverview youth
- Youth Engagement for health promotion
- Al-ateen meetings and support for living with addiction
- Clearinghouse Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute UW–helpful links and free promotional materials
- Alcohol Information Center Lots of information on aspects of alcohol use and abuse
- CAMY The Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth
- Center for Disease Control Fact Sheet on underage drinking
- Whats Driving You on drinking and driving
- Girls Health Promotion for improving health of girls and women
- Tobacco free Kids Take Action, Facts and Initiatives
- National Youth Media Campaign Join Kids across the country doing prevention
- TeenLine Drug Alcohol Teen Crisis Line
- Put This on the Map East King County film project and resources for GBLTQ youth